Step 1: Open your file with a video editing tool like iMovie
- In iMovie, select Share > Export Using QuickTime
Step 2: Next, verify your settings by clicking Options
- Compression Type: H.264
- Frame Rate: 30 is preferred. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 are also acceptable.
- Data Rate: Automatic
- Key Frames: Automatic
- Frame Reordering: Unchecked
- Format: AAC
- Click Show advanced settings and choose Constant Bit Rate as encoding strategy
- Size: Choose the original size of the video
- “Prepare for Internet Streaming”: Fast Start
If you’ve uploaded a video from your mobile device, you’ll need to download the video on your desktop computer to apply these recommended changes.